Dear Georgia Download Destination (GADD) Member,
You may have heard in the news that Overdrive, Inc. was purchased by KKR, the same company that owns RBdigital. A re-organization of the company includes combining the RBdigital library business with OverDrive’s industry-leading technologies.
The Georgia Download Destination is transitioning from the RBdigital platform to Overdrive’s Libby platform. This transition is scheduled to happen on or around October 1, 2020.
What does that mean to you?
- You will use Overdrive’s Libby app to download and enjoy GADD’s large collection of ebooks and downloadable audiobooks
- Your current holds, checkout history, and wish lists will NOT transfer over to the Libby app. We suggest you record those titles elsewhere so you do not lose them.
- The checkout of magazines is will still be available through rbDigital for the near future.
- All of GADD’s purchased content of ebooks and audiobooks will transfer to the new platform
- You will not need a new library card
- Kindle Paperwhite users will now be able to checkout from the GADD collection
- Making the transition is easy. Just enter your library name and library card number in the Libby app starting 1 October. The Libby app is available free in both Apple and Google stores.
You can find more information here: