The ParkPass consists of a hanging tag that allows free parking at all of Georgia’s state parks and historic sites as well as the Historic Site Family Pass that allows two (2) free admissions into any of Georgia’s historic sites.
Everyone is encouraged to visit the Start Park Pass Alert page before visiting any state park.
And don’t forget that Discovery Backpacks are also available to checkout along with the ParkPass. The backpacks can hold all your gear and also has binoculars and three foldouts, weatherproof guides: Georgia’s Trees; Georgia’s Wildlife; Georgia’s Trees and Wildflowers.
The Parks and Sites post daily educational videos on their social media as well updates and Did You Know style facts.
The Family Pass allows up to four (4) free admissions to the Center.
The Chattahoochee Nature Center pass will be available for check out at Houston County Public Library locations starting 1 June 2020.
Please read the following requirements and restrictions for gaining access the Chattahoochee Nature Center:
- Until further notice CNC Family Pass holders must call in advance to reserve a date and time for their visit. If a group exceeds the four people covered by the pass, patrons must purchase any extra tickets online prior to arriving at CNC. CNC is not able to accommodate walk ups.
- Reservations for visits are available only Mondays – Wednesdays at this time. Please call 770-992-2055 x 238 or email cnc.admissions@
chattnaturecenter.orgto make a reservation. Allow up to three business days for requests to be processed.
- Please call with several date options for your visit. Visits will be confirmed with an email confirmation.
- The limited, timed admission system will provide visitors with an intimate experience while also allowing the CNC to reduce person to person contact and better maintain social distancing throughout the admissions process.
- If your planned visit is between June 6th and August 2nd, the 30 minute window after their arrival is also your designated time to visit the Butterfly Encounter exhibit.
- Please allow ample time to arrive for your selected time slot.
- Pass holders MUST bring the CNC Family Pass they checked out from your library and a photo ID to the Center on the day of their visit.
- For more important information about visits, please check the Plan Your Visit page on CNC’s website.
Macon Museum Pass
The Museum of Arts & Sciences is closed for now, however, they have added a host of new activities outside on the campus! The latest events and opportunities at the MAS are posted on the Museum’s Facebook page and the event calendar.
Georgia Sports Hall of Fame will reopen 1 July.
The Macon Museum Pass remains on-hold and is unavailable for check out at all Houston County Public Library branches.
Zoo Atlanta is open to the public but guests must select a date/time to visit and purchase tickets online in advance before visiting.
Learn more about our entry and visit protocols, what to know, and what to expect during your Zoo experience by visiting What you should know before you visit the Atlanta Zoo.
The Zoo Atlanta Library DVD is on-hold and unavailable for check out at all Houston County Public Library branches.
Center for Puppetry Arts Passport to Puppetry
The Worlds of Puppetry Museum will reopen on July 10.
The Center for Puppetry Arts Passport to Puppetry is on-hold and unavailable for check out at all Houston County Public Library branches.
Michael C. Carlos Museum Family Pass and
Wrapped Up in Reading
The Michael C. Carlos Museum Family Pass is on-hold and unavailable for check out at all Houston County Public Library branches.
The Breman Family pass is on-hold and unavailable for check out at all Houston County Public Library branches.
Georgia Aquarium is Open to the Public. Here are a few things to expect when you visit the Aquarium:
- Tickets are only available online
- Tickets must be purchased in advance of your visit
- Tickets are only valid during the time block you select. Please arrive on time and be prepared to depart at the end of your time block. This will ensure our team will be able to clean and sanitize the exhibits between visitor groups.
- Temperature scans upon entry
- Masks are strongly encouraged
- You must use the Luckie Street entrance for the parking deck
- The Ivan Allen entrance is not accessible for vehicles or pedestrians
See their reopening page for more information.
The Georgia Aquarium pass is on-hold and unavailable for check out at all Houston County Public Library branches.