The ParkPass consists of a hanging tag that allows free parking at all of Georgia’s state parks and historic sites as well as the Historic Site Family Pass that allows two (2) free admissions into any of Georgia’s historic sites.
Everyone is encouraged to visit the Start Park Pass Alert page before visiting any state park.
And don’t forget that Discovery Backpacks are also available to checkout along with the ParkPass. The backpacks can hold all your gear and also has binoculars and three foldouts, weatherproof guides: Georgia’s Trees; Georgia’s Wildlife; Georgia’s Trees and Wildflowers.
The Parks and Sites post daily educational videos on their social media as well updates and Did You Know style facts.
The Family Pass allows up to four (4) free admissions to the Center.
Visit https://gofisheducationcenter.com/ for more information
The Chattahoochee Nature Center pass will be available for check out at Houston County Public Library locations starting 1 June 2020.
Please read the following requirements and restrictions for gaining access the Chattahoochee Nature Center:
- Until further notice CNC Family Pass holders must call in advance to reserve a date and time for their visit. If a group exceeds the four people covered by the pass, patrons must purchase any extra tickets online prior to arriving at CNC. CNC is not able to accommodate walk ups.
- Reservations for visits are available only Mondays – Wednesdays at this time. Please call 770-992-2055 x 238 or email email@example.com to make a reservation. Allow up to three business days for requests to be processed.
- Please call with several date options for your visit. Visits will be confirmed with an email confirmation.
- The limited, timed admission system will provide visitors with an intimate experience while also allowing the CNC to reduce person to person contact and better maintain social distancing throughout the admissions process.
- If your planned visit is between June 6th and August 2nd, the 30 minute window after their arrival is also your designated time to visit the Butterfly Encounter exhibit.
- Please allow ample time to arrive for your selected time slot.
- Pass holders MUST bring the CNC Family Pass they checked out from your library and a photo ID to the Center on the day of their visit.
- For more important information about visits, please check the Plan Your Visit page on CNC’s website.
The Macon Museum Pass admits up to four (4) people to the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, Museum of Arts and Sciences, and Tubman Museum.
The Family Pass is for general admission only, and is not valid for special events or exhibits.
Georgia Sports Hall of Fame is open to the public for limited hours (Thurs – Sat, 10 AM – 3 PM).
The Tubman Museum is open to public for limited hours (Tues, Thurs, and Sat 10 AM – 3 PM)
The Museum of Arts and Sciences is open for regular hours but please note that admission will be limited for certain events
Through partnerships with organizations across the state, Georgia’s public libraries provide families with educational and recreational opportunities to spend time together while saving money. To check out any pass please ask at the circulation desk.
Georgia Aquarium is Open to the Public. Here are a few things to expect when you visit the Aquarium:
- Tickets are only available online. To get a discount on the Georgia Aquarium Tickets follow this link: georgiaaquarium.org/libraries
- Tickets must be purchased in advance of your visit
- Tickets are only valid during the time block you select. Please arrive on time and be prepared to depart at the end of your time block. This will ensure our team will be able to clean and sanitize the exhibits between visitor groups.
- Temperature scans upon entry
- Masks are strongly encouraged
- You must use the Luckie Street entrance for the parking deck
- The Ivan Allen entrance is not accessible for vehicles or pedestrians
See their reopening page for more information.
The Atlanta Zoo DVD is now available for checkout at all Houston County Public Libraries.
UPDATE: There are changes for redeeming the free admission pass.
- Free admission passes may be redeemed Monday through Friday only
- Free admission passes are good for three (3) free admissions
- Free admission pass redeemable for four (4) weeks after issue date
- Walkup admissions are allowed but patrons are encouraged to call ahead or visit What you should know before you visit the Atlanta Zoo
- There are new 2021 blackout dates for use of the free admission pass:
- April 5-9
- May 31
- July 4
- September 6
- October 11
- November 25
- December 25
Zoo Atlanta ticket sales are still only available online in advance.
The Worlds of Puppetry Museum will open to the public and Puppetry Arts Passport is available for checkout at all Houston County Public Library branches.
However, the Center is using Timed Ticketing and has implemented safety protocols due to COVID-19. Masks and social distancing are required. Patrons MUST call the Center at 404.873.3391 to schedule a date and time for their visit. Visit puppet.org for more details regarding admissions and safety requirements.
The Michael C. Carlos Museum Family Pass is now avalable for patrons to checkout.
Before you visit the Michael C. Carlos Museum, please visit their Welcome Back page as they have implemented safety protocols for visitors. Reservations are required. For more information, please visit https://carlos.emory.edu/
Museum of History and Holocaust Education at Kennesaw State University is open to the public for regular visiting hours. They have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols, so masks and social distancing are required.
Exhibit spaces have capacity limits, and most interactive stations have transitioned to digital platforms via QR codes. Visit historymuseum.kennesaw.edu for more information.