Book donations can be placed in our Friends of the Library donation bins located at each Houston County Library.
If you have more than a few, please bring them in boxes or bags to any Houston County Library and we will be glad to take them. If you have any further questions, please contact your local library.
- You must present your library card to borrow materials. This includes use of Patron Internet Computers and Chromebooks
- You are responsible for all items borrowed on your card. Report a lost, missing or stolen library card immediately by contacting your local branch library
- You will need to verify your name and current address by presenting a photo ID with your current residential address.
- If you photo ID does not state your current residential address, you should provide an official document, mail, check, rental agreement, that states your name and the new residential address.
- Library cards are updated every 2 years. Renew your card by presenting the card and identification with your current name and residential address.
- We will renew your card after you have cleared all fines, fees, and overdue materials from your record.
Having a Library Card opens up a world of possibilities.
- You have access to on-line electronic resources only available through your library
- Learning Express
- Mango Languages
- You have access to e-magazines, recorded and e-books for Free, just for having a library card.
- PINES allows you to borrow 1000’s of books from across the state of Georgia.
Interlibrary loan allows patrons to borrow print materials from other academic, public and special libraries from a multitude of places that can’t be found in the PINES system.
Patrons requesting a book will be charged one way postage for the return of the borrowed item.
Rates are based on current postage. If there are any additional fees associated with receiving the interlibrary loan, the patron will be contacted before the request is processed.
- The patron is responsible for materials once they are checked out to the patron.
- Houston County Public Libraries will charge the patron’s account with the cost of the item plus any additional processing fees the lending library requires if the item is lost, damaged or has any late fees as a result of being overdue by the patron.
Please contact Mark Bohnstedt at the Nola Brantley Memorial Library for more information. 478-923-0128
Public Information Network for Electronic Services (PINES) is a statewide online catalog started by the Georgia Public Library Service. The catalog consists of books from 275 libraries in 140 counties across the state of Georgia with a total item count of around 9.6 million. The PINES system effectively turns the whole state of Georgia into one huge library.
- Anyone who lives, works or owns property in the state of Georgia is eligible to register for a library card.
- Children under the age of 18 must have the card application signed by a parent or legal guardian. The parent or guardian must supply identification that shows the current residential address. By signing the child’s application, the parent or guardian accepts the responsibility for all items borrowed on the child’s library card. The child must be present or the parent must supply identification for the child.
- Non-residents can pay a fee of $12.50 for 6 months or $25.00 for 1 year to obtain a library card.
- If you are already registered in the PINES system, you will be asked to pay a $2.00 replacement fee.