Our Mission Statement
The Houston County Public Library System is bridging yesterday and tomorrow with information and discovery.
Our Customer Service Philosophy
The customer service philosophy of the Houston County Public Library System is to provide accurate, timely and consistent service in a courteous and informed manner to all who interact with our organization.
Customers can expect to:
- Be acknowledged appropriately
- Be treated courteously and respectfully
- Be valued for their input Receive the same high standard of service regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, physical limitations, or any other criteria
- Receive prompt and timely service
- Receive knowledgeable service and professionalism from all staff
- Have their privacy and confidentiality respected
The Public Information Network for Electronic Services (PINES) is Georgia’s “borderless library” network that allows PINES card holders equal access to books and other materials in 300 library branches and affiliated service locations throughout the state.
The PINES network effectively turns the whole state of Georgia into one huge library. You have access to more than 10.6 million items that can be checked out from and returned to any participating library free of charge.
We use E-Verify. Visit for more information