Houston County Public Library offers many services, most of which are Free and do not require a PINES library card.
- Notary Services: Notary Services are free. Please visit our Notary Services page for more information.
- Proctoring Services: Are by appointment only. Please contact J. Sara Paulk @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call 478-987-3050 ext. 5
- Youth Services: All branches have programs for teens and youth, ages 0 to 17. See our Programs & Events page for more information.
- Public Use Computers: A Guest Pass or a PINES library card can be used to sign onto a computer.
- There is a charge for printing; 15¢ per page black and white, 50¢ per page color.
- Sorry, we do not have Wi-Fi printing at this time.
- Fax Services: All branches have a self-service Fax Kiosk that takes debit or credit card. Charges are $1.75 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page.
- Scan to Email: All branches have Free Scan to Email available at the Xerox copiers.
- Guest-WiFi: WiFi passwords are posted at the front of each library branch. Guest-WiFi is available Monday through Sunday, 8am to 9pm.
- Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms are available by reservation.
- Georgia Voter Registration: Fill out a form in person at any Houston County Public Library branch location or Register Online @ Register to Vote
These services do require a PINES or an E-library card:
- E-books, E-audio and E-Magazines through Georgia Download Destination and the Libby App
- Event Passes
- InterLibrary Loans: Visit houpl.org/InterLibraryLoanProgram page or Call 478-923-0128 for more information.
- Kanopy : Movies, TV Series and Family Entertainment using your PINES library card.
- New Books in Houston County
Georgia Libraries for Accessible Statewide Services (GLASS) is now Georgia Library Service (GLS) for the Blind and Print Disabled! Learn More about these changes.
We still have the same great services with a new name and look that better reflect what we do.
Through Georgia Library Service (GLS) for the Blind and Print Disabled, Georgia Public Library Service provides library services for individuals who are blind or whose physical abilities require the use of books and magazines in audio, braille or other adapted formats.
For more information visit our GLS webpage.
Update: GLS is issuing a Talking Book Machine Recall to patrons who have been inactive since January 1, 2020.
If you or someone you know would like to return a Talking Book Machine, you can:
- Print the free return label and then take the sealed box to the US post office.
- Take the Talking Book Machine to any PINES library and we will send it back for you.
- Questions about the recall and returns can be directed to GLS Atlanta by calling 1-800-248-6701.